Visit our Hannah's Place Facebook Page @ https://www.facebook.com/HannahsPlaceInc for more information about upcoming events.
Victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault are invited to attend a six-week sessions of a support group sponsored by Hannah’s Place, Inc. The support group will meet on each Tuesday during the six- week sessions @ 5:00 pm. To obtain additional information and details on the meeting site call 252-541-2037.
We join women and men from across our surrounding area to support victims of violence and to send the message that domestic violence is unacceptable. Not only in our community but in every community.
Domestic violence touches every one of us. It fills our emergency rooms and morgues. It keeps employees from being able to work.
It makes our children fearful and angry. It contributes to crime on our streets. It destroys homes and families.
Domestic violence is everybody’s business, and we must all support efforts to end this abuse.
Each of us must do any and everything we can do to stop domestic violence.
According to National Coalition Against Domestic Violence….
- On a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide.
- On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have been victims of [some form of] physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
- Women between the ages of 18-24 are most commonly abused by an intimate partner.
- Only 34% of people who are injured by intimate partners receive medical care for their injuries.